Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Welcome

Hey everyone! I am Amanda and this will be our journey to try and live the way we want. We always have so many goals and so many things to do but we never seem to do them or try them. I am ready to live life to the fullest.



Some of  my short term goals are:
*Loose 20 pounds
*Run a 5k with my husband
*Learn to cook
*Go back to college and finish with a bachelors degree
*Read more often
*Be more of a Godly wife.

As I get this blog going I will elaborate more on what exactly I want from each one of these goals. I am welcoming you all into my crazy world and hopefully some of you will be able to relate. :) I used to be the type of person that if I didn't like something I would just change it. No point in settling. Something happened down the road and I feel like I have become "lazy". Yea I don't like it, but I am not doing anything about it. Pretty lame, huh?
Well today I started my first step to loosing weight. My sister gets married in 60 days and I really need to buckle down and get to work. I am not over weight by any means, I just am not satisfied with how I look. I know I could do better. I decided to give Plexus Slim a shot. A friend of mine has done it for 30 days and has lost 11 pounds and 13 inches. I would love to get results like that! Not everyone has the same, totally get that. But hey sounds worth a shot.

I ate breakfast with my family before I realized to drink the water combo. I decided I would do it 30 mins before I ate lunch. I was a little nervous because I have some heart issues that really come out when I do diet pills. I have tried a ton of diet pills and after having my son I began to have issues. So I have been a pretty big skeptic of them. Plexus Slim is a drink mix (similar to crystal light) and a little pill called the accelerator. I am just doing the drink until I have time to get to my cardiologist.



The drink is DELICIOUS! I was shocked. To me it tasted kind of like strawberry lemonade. Pretty darn good. About 30 mins later, when it was time for lunch, I realized I was no where near as hungry as I usually am. I ate about 1/2 of what I normally do. That was a great feeling. I went and did 1 mile on the treadmill at a 9.5 incline but only at a 3 mph pace. I have always struggled with cardio. I could do weights all day but cardio not so much. So have to work on that before my 5k.

We were "snowed in" for the last week here so I literally did nothing but sit around and eat. And boy did I feel gross when I was finally able to go out and do stuff. Literally put on like 3 pounds. Hopefully those come back off ASAP.

Ok here are my stats:

Day 1:

Weight: 149.6 lbs
Waist: 31 1/2 "
Hips: 36 1/2 "

Have any of you tried Plexus Slim? If so, did you love your results?

Amanda

8 comments:

  1. Great goals! Good luck in your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your goals! I love the run a 5K with your husband. My sweetie and I go bike riding almost every day together in the summertime. It's so much fun to be able to do this together - it's a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smart of you to do your measurements. When I started my weight loss journey, I didn't do that. There were many times I didn't lose weight but did lose inches. Unfortunately, I only had my clothes as a guide since I didn't take the time to measure. Good luck on all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to this world of blogging, and good luck with your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to blogging! I am fairly new (about a year) too. Good luck with all your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mr. and Mrs. Cantrell! God bless on your goals. We'd love to read updates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some awesome goals you set. Good Luck.

    Michelle F.

    ReplyDelete